S-STEM @ UCF | The STATESS Project
Funded by the National Science Foundation
- To recruit and attract students into STEM fields, and cultivate proficiency in STEM fields.
- To provide opportunity and support for academically talented, financially needy students.
The Activities:Each scholarship recipient will be assigned a faculty mentor, who will meet with students monthly to help them develop a program of study, and a peer mentor, who can offer advice and encouragement. All students will participate in various group and individual activities and seminars given by university faculty and industry professionals.
Who Can Apply?
- US citizens or permanent residents
- Enrolled full time for a degree in a STEM field
- At least 3.0 GPA and 1250 score on the SAT or GRE
- Demonstrated need for financial aid
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year
Acceptable STEM fields include: biological (except medicine and other clinical fields), physical sciences (physics, chemistry, astronomy, material science, etc.), mathematics, computer and information science, geosciences, engineering, or technology areas associated with the preceding fields. Students completing the project will be streamlined into existing research groups that have good industrial partnerships. These industrial connections will be used to place qualified students directly into the workforce.