CAP 5415 - Computer Vision
TUESDAY/THURSDAY 3:00 - 4:15
Prof. Mubarak Shah
Office Hours: Tue 14:00-15:00 Thu 4:30-5:30 and by appointment
Email: shah @ crcv.ucf.edu
HEC-249 (Computer Vision Lab)
Phone (Vision Lab): 407-519-0717
Office Hours: Mon 15:00-16:00 Wed 12:00-13:00
Email: waqas5163 @ gmail.com
The course is introductory level. It will cover the basic topics of computer vision, and introduce some fundamental approaches for computer vision research.
- Image Filtering, Edge Detection, Interest Point Detectors
- Motion and Optical Flow
- Region Segmentation
- Object Detection and Tracking
- Line and Curve Detection
- Shape Analysis
- Imaging Geometry, Camera Modeling and Calibration
Programming Assignments: 40%
Mid-Term Exam: 20%
Final Exam: 30%
90 - 100 = A;
80 - 89 = B;
70 - 79 = C
- Programming will be in MATLAB or you can do in C on your own.
- You are not supposed to use MATLAB code from the web, written by someone else.
- Everything has to be written by yourself except the standard Matlab functions.
- There will be a tutorial on MATLAB in the class.
A good background in calculus, geometry, linear algebra, programming in MATLAB or C. The University Golden Rules will be observed in this class. Copying or Plagiarism is violation of the Golden Rules.
- Mubarak Shah, "Fundamentals of Computer Vision".
- Richard Szeliski, "Computer Vision: Algorithms and Application".
- Emanuele Trucco, Alessandro Verri, "Introductory Techniques for 3-D Computer Vision", Prentice Hall, 1998.
Last year's lectures are available at Lectures Fall 2013
Lecture 1 (08/19/2014)
- Final Exam Review (pdf)
Programming Assignment 1 (Due 10 September 2014) (PA1.rar)
Programming Assignment 2 (Due 25 September 2014) (PA2.rar)
Programming Assignment 3 (pdf)
Programming Assignment 4 (pdf)
Homework Assignment 1 (due at the beginning of class on 09/30/2014) (pdf)
Leading Journals and Conferences in Computer Vision
- International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV)
- Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI)
- IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR)
- International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV)